Solvay S A
Fuel Cell Membranes market Overview
The global Fuel Cell Membranes market size is projected to reach US$ 676.1 million by 2027, from US$ 218.7 million in 2020, at a CAGR of 17.5% during 2021-2027.
A fuel cell is a device that generates electricity through the reverse electrolysis chemical reaction in which hydrogen and oxygen react to produce water and electricity. The fuel for fuel cells is hydrogen and oxygen; hydrogen can be a gas from water electrolysis, or produced by reforming natural gas, petroleum or methanol, while oxygen is taken in from the atmosphere. As it generates electricity, the fuel cell also produces heat, so high hopes are held for its commercialization and application in a diverse range of applications as a new highly efficient energy system.
A fuel cell consists of an electrolyte between two electrodes, and a conducting wire linking the two electrodes. Hydrogen fed to one electrode (fuel electrode) divides into hydrogen ions and electrons on the electrode. Hydrogen ions flow through the electrolyte to the other electrode, to which air is fed (air electrode). Electrons flow from the fuel electrode to the air electrode through the conducting wire linking the two electrodes. At this time, the electrical current flows in the opposite direction. At the air electrode, the hydrogen ions react with the oxygen and electrons to produce water and heat.
The fuel cell, allied with renewables, is the key to combating climate change. Fuel cell technology is the optimum option in this regard. It can be used for the stationary generation of power and heat in residential housing, in mobile applications for cars, buses and ships, and even as a provider of electricity for portable electronic devices. Fuel Cell Membranes are the core component of fuel cell stack.
The key players are Dupont (Chemours), 3M, Gore, Solvay, BWT Group, AKC, BASF, Oceanit, Wuhan WUT, Dongyue Group and so on.
The leading companies own the advantages on better performance, more abundant product’s types, better technical and impeccable after-sales service. Consequently, they take the majority of the market share of high-end market. Looking to the future years, the slow downward price trend in recent years will maintain. The industry is expected to remain innovation-led, with frequent acquisitions and strategic alliances adopted as the key strategies by the players to increase their industry presence.
Significant and lasting barriers make entry into this market difficult. These barriers include, but are not limited to: (i) product development costs; (ii) capital requirements; (iii) intellectual property rights; (iv) regulatory requirement; and (v) Transitions’ unfair methods of competition.
Despite the presence of competition problems, due to the global recovery trend is clear, investors are still optimistic about this area, the future will still have more new investment enter the field. Even so, the market is intensely competitive .The study group recommends the new entrants just having money but without technical advantage and upstream and downstream support do not to enter into this field.
This study categorizes the global Fuel Cell Membranes breakdown data by manufacturers, region, type and application, also analyzes the market status, market share, growth rate, future trends, market drivers, opportunities and challenges, risks and entry barriers, sales channels, distributors and Porter's Five Forces Analysis.
The following manufacturers are covered in this report:
- Dupont (Chemours)
- BWT Group
- Wuhan WUT
- Dongyue Group
Fuel Cell Membranes Breakdown Data by Type
Fuel Cell Membranes Breakdown Data by Application
- Perfluorosulfonic Acid Membranes
- Others (Composite PEM, etc.)
Fuel Cell Membranes Production Breakdown Data by Region
- United States
- Other Regions
Fuel Cell Membranes Consumption Breakdown Data by Region
- North America
- United States
- South Korea
- Rest of Europe
- Central & South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The study objectives are:
- To analyze and research the global Fuel Cell Membranes capacity, production, value, consumption, status and forecast;
- To focus on the key Fuel Cell Membranes manufacturers and study the capacity, production, value, market share and development plans in next few years.
- To focuses on the global key manufacturers, to define, describe and analyze the market competition landscape, SWOT analysis.
- To define, describe and forecast the market by type, application and region.
- To analyze the global and key regions market potential and advantage, opportunity and challenge, restraints and risks.
- To identify significant trends and factors driving or inhibiting the market growth.
- To analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders by identifying the high growth segments.
- To strategically analyze each submarket with respect to individual growth trend and their contribution to the market.
- To analyze competitive developments such as expansions, agreements, new product launches, and acquisitions in the market.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their growth strategies.